Sunday, April 1, 2012

Afternoon Tea....





one of those great British institutions , and , Sunday seems to lend itself more than any other day to this most pleasing of pastimes . Ok I have foregone the cucumber sandwiches , instead I baked some rather delicious lemon frosted cupcakes a rather guilty pleasure to be enjoyed at around 4.30 - why is the time important I am not sure but it just seems the " right " time . So feet up and happily munching whilst dipping delightfully into one of my favourite poetry books - it is a little battered now from so much reading but never ever fails to please . And as its a beautiful sunny afternoon with summer beckoning the flowers were just peeping over my fence asking to be photographed and displayed for all to see ...........

2 comments:

  1. Gosh they look seriously scrummy you clever lass :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcakes! Yummy! I will remind Mom to bring cupcake supplies to England. BTW have you looked at the Pony Blogger latest 2 posts? BK

    ReplyDelete