Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Weather......




well as is commonly known the "British" have ( and always will I am sure ) a pre-occupation with the weather ! We discuss it daily , or sometimes with even greater frequency , will it rain ,do I need a coat - is it cold - windy shall I take a sweater and a brolly - just in case ! The permutations are endless , we watch long range weather forecasts to plan our weekends - then bemoan the fact the weather turns out absolutely nothing like predicted ! We discuss the weather with people we have never met - why - because we can and because it is so " jolly unpredictable " !
Secretly I wonder if I lived in the warm climes of my dreams would I miss being able to wake up and wonder ?
So the weather topic is currently providing news headlines - we are having on the third day of spring the most balmy of temperatures to rival Madrid to quote just one - and it is just glorious beautiful sunshine and the english countryside is awash with daffodils and yes ok a few dandelions !
So I feel Summer has arrived - just a the back of my mind, and probably a few others is the nagging doubt that this will be the first and last sun of the year - and yes I know they are talking hosepipe bans and drought already - I fear having heard all this before we could have a monsoon summer yet ! BUT undeterred - we enjoy and BBQ's pulled out and shorts ( not me yet my legs aren't up to it ) being donned for the weekend and maybe beyond - if you believe the weather forecast !
Pictures are of southern France - I love it.........And the sun shines - a lot !!!

1 comment: