Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Sunday of Simple Pleasures


Sometimes days seem to be so right and today was one of those beautiful English Autumn days when you wake to a few weak rays of sunshine and the glorious colours of leaves still precariously attached to the trees despite the determined efforts of the breeze ! A coffee and the Sunday papers were the start of the day - papers which will be read throughout the week - well you cannot possibly manage them in the one day ! Then on the radio came the sounds of a familiar song and all at once I was transported back to my own personal nostalgia trip - music has the power to evoke a memory in an instant - and I am always captured instantly - music can bring tears of laughter , sadness , evoke memories but its always a pleasure to me even if sometimes it is bitter sweet . The song today was by the "Commodores" - Easy on a Sunday Morning - nothing else to say !
Todays domestic goddess project was to use up all the fallen apples I have stored in my garage - Apple Jelly with Sage is the order of the day - and now it is happily draining through my homemade jelly bag to be finished tomorrow - if all goes according to plan I will post the recipe but I had a lovely time chopping 5lbs of apples - soooooo theraputic . To me the fun of any cooking is spending the time chopping , mixing , beating , kneading whatever it may be it will be done by my fair hand .
And finally my other acheivment - which gave me pleasure was to load a photo onto my blog - hopefully the first of many . However I had to resort to using my lap top - have not yet discovered how to load photos from my I pad - still Rome wasn't built in a day .
So pretty - no what shall I cook with you ...........................

1 comment:

  1. Excellent photos ..well done!!!!!
    Lovely post...the apples sound yummy Vx

    ReplyDelete